- Do you offer courses in English and French?
Yes, we do offer both theory and driving classes in English and French.
- What are your hours of operation?
Please consult https://www.omegadrivingschool.com/contact
- Can I pay in installments?
Yes, you can pay in four installments. You will be asked to make a payment at the start of each phase.
- When will I get my learner’s permit?
Once you have completed Phase 1 and successfully passed the theory exam at our school, you will be given an attestation to take to the SAAQ to obtain your learner’s permit. Phase 1 consists of 5 theory modules (2 hours each) given by a teacher at our school, the 5th class is the exam. Minimum 4 weeks must have passed between your first start and last class in phase 1.
- Can I only take phase 1?
The mandatory Quebec Road Safety Education program totals 39 hours. Meaning if you want to be eligible to pass your driving exam and get a license you will need to apply for the full course, you still do have the option of attending phase one and getting your permit. However, unless you continue phase 2, 3, 4 you will always hold only a learner’s permit.
- When can I take my theory/driving courses?
We cater to everyone’s busy schedules and needs, we offer courses in the daytime, afternoon, evening and weekends. Call us to book an appointment.
- Your driving courses offered on automatic or manual vehicles?
We offer driving in automatic.
- I will soon be 16 and I am interested in starting driving courses. Can you tell me when I can start my courses?
You can start the theory lessons a few weeks before you turn 16. Once you are 16, with your Module 5 test successfully completed and your certificate in hand, you can go to the SAAQ to obtain your learner’s permit.
- I started my courses elsewhere and I would like to switch over to Omega. Is this possible?
Absolutely! If you started your courses in another driving school and, for any reason, you want to continue at Omega, you will need to ask the other school for a certificate indicating the courses already completed and, from there on, register at Omega. We will take into account the certificate and the courses that you have already completed elsewhere.
- Are you certified?
Yes! We are certified to provide course for holders of a valid Quebec learner’s permit issued prior to January 17th 2010 as well as the new 39 hours course the SAAQ sanctioned mandatory. All our vehicles are inspected every 6 months. Only certified driving schools can deliver attestations and certification documents.
- Can I renew my learner’s permit if it expires?
Yes, it’s possible! You must go to a SAAQ service center. It will cost $40 to renew your learner’s license. The first learner’s license is valid for 18 months from the time it is issued. The renewed learner’s license is valid for 12 months.
- I had a driver’s license in my country of origin. Must I do the complete course as a beginner?
Driving license exchange conditions vary depending on the country of origin. If your country appears in the following list, you are admissible for a license exchange without a test because these countries have similar license issuing standards to those of Quebec:
- Great Britain: England, Wales, Scotland
- Isle of Man
- Northern Ireland
- Netherlands: Holland, Dutch Antilles (Saint-Maarten, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Sabat et Sint Eustatius)
- Republic of Korea (South Korea)
If your country does not appear in the above-mentioned list then please contact the SAAQ at (514)954-7771 for further details.
- How can I take an appointment for my theory/road exams?
By phone: https://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/reach-us/